When Sal Paone Builders begins work on Washington Manor, a new home community on the grounds of the former Piszek Estate in Upper Dublin, they’ll also be restoring a beautiful mansion with a storied past.
In 1777, the Emlen House served as George Washingon’s headquarters prior to the Continental Army’s march to Valley Forge.
From the living room, General Washington wrote more than 100 orders to the Continental Army and Congress. In later years, the mansion hosted numerous political, religious, and historical figures. The three-story mansion, to be fully renovated and eventually sold, includes five bedrooms, five-plus bathrooms and a computer room/family room on the upper levels. The first floor features a huge eat-in kitchen, dining room, family room, study, and mudroom off of a three-car garage. The home’s property backs up to 35 acres of permanently preserved open space consisting of woodlands and a lovely stream.
Paone Builders will initially use the home as a sales center for Washington Manor, then make it available for sale. For a buyer who values historical significance, a meticulously crafted restoration and beautiful natural surroundings, this home truly has it all. To learn more, contact Vanguard Realty Associates Agent Kathi Colletti. Or, visit Washington Manor and take a stroll in the steps of George Washington.
Image resource: https://www.emlen.us/